Yes, we are in a race against time to protect the environment. There is growing imbalance in primarily the following three broad categories:
- In air
- On Earth’s surface
- Below Earth’s Surface
So dear stakeholders, its good to find a new source of energy that can replace fossil fuels. It gives the excitement and the required thrust to implement a new probable technique. Bring in new cars, new wind mills, new methodologies that uses newer and newer sources of energies.
But as a scientist I want to ask you to stop for a moment. Just give a hold on it. Go forward step wise as in any scientific discovery and experiment. Analyze all possible solutions that you can discover till date, then follow in a mechanism to implement it. Not in reality but on a model on a computer system. Yes, this is called simulation.
The answers you have to find out are:
- How much is this source of energy going to help in imbalance on Earth. Not just climate change, but soil erosion, water pollution and below Earth permanent changes caused by over extractions from Earths crusts, to mention a few only.
- What would be cost of the new fuel be it hydrogen in cars or wind energy
- What is the cost of implementing the same?
- How much can it be used?
- What are the benefits ?
- What are the harmful costs- be it by-product, excess cost in production, effect on eco-system? For example, it was experimented, as per a tv show, that wind energy plants produce waves which are dangerous of bio-diversity nearby it. We want our honey bees and fishes and coral reefs to be healthy. If this is so, then should we be using it much!
- How to supply it to people ? Is it safe and easy way— Is it implementable, it should not be that we are producing by-products which cant be recycled or itself produces harmful climatically-incompatible substances?
- Yes in a new phase of scientific development, some of these sources of energies may become obsolete, so how are they from point of view of replaceability? And some may not change such as bio-gas, then how can they be sustained for longer time use? Think of using 5 year planning for a shorter time period energy sources and 10-year road map for irreplaceable energy sources.
- While designing a new model, be it an electric car batteries and electric cars make sure, to keep future goal, of replaceability and reusability- These batteries and cars should not be a new dump on Earth when obsolete as plastic is now ! So think before implementations.
- Next how shall you charge the batteries, who shall take tenders for battery charging pumps ?
- Another, concerns, what are the chemicals needed to run the batteries ? Where will they come from? What imbalance they can cause on Earth in next decade after electric cars come in!
- How many rare metals and chips we need in our cars ? When we know they are rare ? And still we are not willing to let go living without them- and then rally on roads using the same phone made of elements from Earth Crust- Time to think !
Answer all these questions for each energy source you have in answer to new energy to replace fossil fuels. Yes, one energy source may not be enough always and not in all regions. For sure electric cars are good way to start with as people wont understand that they themselves use so many of the Earths recourses, the fridge and air conditioners, which emits gases that cause harm to Ozone layers. Are they willing to reduce their use of air conditioners ? Or just blame on producers, who is just fulfilling the demands of people themselves. Boycott such products ! Then Rally !
Hence per region these questions need to be answered before implementation is performed. As once implemented the change on a region is somewhat lasting in a time duration. Be apt in taking decisions about implementations, especially given the critical climatic conditions which are being faced and challenged to humans! AI can help you find the technique which would be best suited for a region or for a particular climate! All through simulation on computers using AI! This has not been done prior to this! But we need to do it. You can contact me if you are interested in this suggestions.